Monday, December 19, 2016

December 12, 2016 Survival of 1st Changes

Dear mom and everybody,

Ok mom I love your long emails but you know how slow I read and write. so please if it's possible make them a little shorter. As far as the call its nothing specific we just find a cafe with cameras and call through skype but I think google is fine. probably around 5 or 6. we are only supposed to take an hour but who knows? 

This week not too much special happened. We did get a family of 3 to accept baptism which is great. It’s a mom and two kids and the kids are going to end up pulling the mom to church. We are focusing on the having members with us in lessons because we have a lot easier of a time getting them to do things. We had an hma come with us to a lesson with her friend. at first, she said no I can’t but with the help of the hma she let us in. The next time we came mixed her up with another cita and we were an hour late but she still let us in. It’s amazing how the spirit touches peoples live. 

I have received the package but I haven’t been able to put up the decorations because we were out of our house for a little bit to clean up the last of the chinchas. Tell Connor sorry for forgetting the socks I will wear them, But the thing is we can’t go out in regular clothes so I’ll do what I can. I have no idea what’s going on with the Christmas program. They explained it before and my comp explains things like Garrett. So I just finished my first change and here is a list of things that have happened to me, We had chinchas, a tj said I was going to hell for preaching false doctrine, I have two pairs of pants that are broken, One of the zipper broke today to I have been walking around with my zipper down today, I lost my gafete (badge) on the way home today, we left an investigator that wasn’t progressing, we put a fecha (date) with an antiguo (former), everybody says my Spanish is very good, the members are great and we have a family with fechas. I do love the mission. I’m having a great time. Oh, look up the food gringas (and be careful because it has another meaning to) they are delicious and ask bro garrison if he knows what tyludas that’s a popular thing here, I don’t think they’re that special. Yea chinchas are the tick looking things with a red color. The man with the pig is a less active that roast those over a fire for hours he does it for a living and no we haven’t had his pork yet. We haven’t had anything too special as far as food. a lot of pollo but that’s fine because we are getting fed. The keyboard is a lot of fun. I haven’t been able to find a book but with my limited knowledge of music I figured out the scales and how to play some hymns. If you want, you can send me a piano book with a lot of cool music. I sorry if my letters seem less than they should be but I am taking my whole hour to read and write. I love it but I do also want to find new songs to listen to and play. sorry. Well I love you all tell sister Heywood thanks for her letter, y tangan una buena semana.


Elder Olsen

 Gringas.  Sounds like they are similar to a quesadilla
 Companion likes to play the guitar
 Elder Olsen's District
 Strike a pose
 Elder Olsen's firist coconut
There is subway everywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment