Monday, April 17, 2017

April 17, 2017 Easter Week

Dear mom and everyone,

I'm so jealous of you all :P especially because I could probably do everything you guys did there here in hidden port (Puerto Escondido). So, to start out I'm going to tell you guys how Easter or holy week is celebrates here in the coast, it should like it was a lot like how they celebrated it there in Rocky Point. Everyone from northern Mexico the state and south comes to the beach for their whole week and because everyone here is catholic they all ride with their virgins on the front of the cars buses and motorcycles. It's kind of funny but there were a bunch of people on the beach. It was crazy and I forgot to get a picture of it

Well Because everyone was on vacation we didn't do much, but on Tuesday we bought hats because it is getting really hot here. and it's has been a blessing. I still get a little burnt but not that bad. We also go to the beach now to do comp study that's super cool to just listen to the waves in the sun studying.

Thursday, we found out the changes and I get to stay here and we got two gringos coming in. One of them is Elder Verkler, He was sent home a few months ago and is now coming back, while he was waiting for his visa he served in the Tempe mission, he was in Yuma and southern phoenix. He had iPad cars nice houses and everything, And now he's in Oaxaca Haha. Oh, we also went to a little colony called Colotepec. In the center of this tiny little pueblo is a huge catholic church about the size of a temple. It was full of Catholics but the people we met did seem interested. Oh, and while we were walking through everyone was looking at us weird, we thought it was because we were Mormons but we realized they were just looking at me. I was probably the only gringo in 10 miles.

 We didn't do anything for Easter, I actually forgot it was Easter until today. 

Well I love you all and I forgot to take photos again I promise more next week


Elder Olsen
A Gringo in a Mexican Hat



No comments:

Post a Comment