Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Sept 19, 2017 Hump Day

Dear Mom and everyone,

This week was pretty ordinary, we have been knocking on doors for most of the last two weeks. We found this youth that has been really interested in our message. She is so interested that she has promised to buy us the best tlayuda in the city so that’s cool. She's a foodie too so we talk a lot about the food here what’s good what’s not and almost everything that is good I can't go to because it's too far from my area :/. But oh well. We also found an old lady that is very Catholic but was really interested in the Book of Mormon so we will continue to see her. Also, we started teaching the girlfriend of one of the members and she’s progressing really well even though she’s listened to that missionaries a bunch of times. Oh, we found this guy that doesn't really was to listen just talk, we went with him for an hour and a half and we were able to talk like 5 minutes. that was pretty frustrating. but we keep on trying. Oh, and something kind of sad, we went to my convert here and she has gone through a lot of problems and has lost her faith so we will be working with her. but the other converts are going well attending every week and participating. Oh, and the 15 was Independence Day here so we went to the member's house we live with to watch the shout, they shout Viva Mexico a lot with means like long live Mexico 

The quake didn't really affect that much here. The only real damage that happened was to the Catholic church so they have been all closed from reparation. Oh, and if you want to send money to help I would have to buy a bunch of supplies to send because the money wouldn't do much and there isn't like fund I can put it in. 

It feels weird having a year now but I’m satisfied with all I’ve done. The language is coming really well, there is only a hand full of words I don't understand ever once and a while. The greatest blessing I’ve had is to really start to understand what the gospel means and how it blesses us. for example, there is a member here that just lost a baby, I thought she was still pregnant so I asked about it and she said she had lost it but with a calm smile and I asked how she could smile and she just said, I know I'll get to see him one day everything will be just fine. That was super cool. My goal is to bring more souls to Christ, (DC 18:15-16) and to finish the mission all the way to the end. Welp just one more year to go and I'll be home, but for n, w I'm focused on the work here. 

Well,

I love you all, 


Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment