Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Sept 4, 2017 Al Pastor & Machete

Dear Mom and everyone,

This week was pretty interesting we had some fun and ate some good food but we are still looking for more people to teach. Tuesday, I did divisions with the mission secretaries so I was in the offices for most of the day but when we finally went out it started to rain on us. So, we went to one of their investigator's house for cover. She would not stop talking about Trump and how we all hate Mexicans and stuff like that, it bugged me but I just kept quiet until we left. Then we went to an investigator that was supposed to be baptized that week and we just checked if she had any questions. 

Then Wednesday we just went to some people that we had contacted the week before but nobody was home.

Thursday, we went to a conference, it was super cool because they brought in a taco al pastor caterer and they were super good, and they also brought in fuzzball tables for everyone to play. After we went to that FHE that we had planned to the recent convert and we talked to her sisters. they were really interested but they didn't want us to come back. 

Friday, we had gone to that part member family but they weren't home so we went to eat and I was supposed to go interview someone for baptism but they were too busy and wanted to wait till the next week so we went to that family and had a cool lesson on faith. I also made taco salad that night and it tasted really good

Saturday, we did service at the recent converts house cutting tree branches with a machete that was fun but I had a big headache so we went home after that. Oh, and they gave us money to eat so we bought steaks and a salad it was really good, I found out I like fried onions so I fried some and some mushrooms with my steak. It tasted super good.

I was able to go to Sam’s but you should still send the card please :) and in the package, don't really need anything and I think I can buy the almonds in Sam’s so just maybe a tie. oh, and I thought and prayed about it and I want to finish the mission and go to school the winter semester in January so I’ll get home in the beginning of September. Well, I love you all. 


Elder Olsen
This must be the same Conference I got pictures from that I posted last week

 Al Pastor Catered Dinner at the Conference.  Marinated Pork with Pineapple.  This is a very popular dish in Mexico
 Conference playing Fuzzball
 Elder Olsen overlooking Atoyac
 Taco Salad
Elder Olsen's mother does not like onions and never cooks with them.  He has discovered that he really likes them so he fried up some onions and mushrooms and ate them with his steak. 
 A Dog?
 Service with a Machete.  He looks like a Stripling Warrior
 Gotta love the Coca Cola!. Grandma Joyce and Grandpa Bert would be proud
 And I don't know the story of the scorpion and I don't know if I want to know the story of the scorpion

No comments:

Post a Comment