Tuesday, August 28, 2018

August 20, 2018 Trio Over...

Dear Mom and everyone,

So, this was a long week with a lot of interesting things. Tuesday Elder Johnson went to Tlaxiaco on divisions and Elder Castillo and I stayed home. He ended up with a cold and I with a migraine which then turned into a cold. So, we stayed home all day sleeping most of the day. 

Wednesday, He woke up a little better but I woke up worse. We went for Elder Johnson and didn't leave until lunch. We left and met a few people and the tried to leave me with someone else but we couldn't find anyone so Elder Johnson just did divisions again and we rested a little more. During that time, they called us and let us know that they had found Elder Castillo a Comp and he would leave the next day. So, to celebrate we made wings that some investigators sold us. They were good but I couldn't find my camera. 

The next day we left Elder Castillo with his new comp and we left for a few appt. In the middle of the day I get a call from Castillo saying he had my camera he put it in his back pack on accident, Huajuapan (his new area) is about 3 hours away from ours so I was super worried on how to get it back.

Friday, we did divisions with some elders that were having trouble. We went to help them out in their area and show a new elder how to work in the mission. I was in the other area and we ended up contacting all day and Elder Johnson and Lopez went to a fun ward activity. I did call Elder Castillo and luckily the members were going to the temple the next day so he gave it to a ward member to give it to me.

Saturday, we went for my camera at the temple. That’s why I took a pic. Then Pres called us and told us to be at the church at 8:30pm for interviews. We got there a little late then ended the interview at 9.40pm the We were on the way home with Pres when he stopped in front on a taco place. He bought us tacos and we ended up getting home at 11:15pm It was weird but it was President's fault. Sunday, we had our stake conference. I said goodbye to some members that I wouldn’t see again, but for some reason my camera battery was dead so I’m waiting on some photos. 

Let me know if you want anything from Mexico next week That will be the second to last time I write you so Last chance. I’m getting the nativity my last Pday 

I love you all 


Elder Mitchell Olsen

Making wings for Elder Castillo before he is transferred.
We were wondering why there was a random picture of the temple with Mitchell not in the picture and then we read his letter and found out that Elder Castillo had his camera in his backpack and was transferred 4 hours away.  Luckily the Ward members were having an outing to the temple and Mitchell was able to meet the members and pick up his camera. This is called a Tender Mercy.  I don't know how he would have gotten his camera back any other way.
The Missionaries are supposed to be home by 9:30 every night.  It's a standard rule in almost every mission.  Unless your Mission President takes you out for tacos on the way home.  How fun to spend some quailty time with Pres. and Sis. Conde.
A Rainy day in Oaxaca.
It was a rough week of being sick and having a migraine.  Can't wait to get him home and see if they will go away.  Mitchell has battled migraines his whole mission.  


Stake Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment