Monday, November 14, 2016

Nov 14, 2016 Settling into La Joya

Hello Mom and everyone,

So, this week was interesting. It turns out we have a bed bug problem. After a bad night, I look like I have chickenpox. They are super itchy and annoying and everyone asks about it when they see my arms. "que paso a tus brasos" "oh chinchas". we are working on it though. last night we slept with the lights on and that seemed to work until we get it taken care of.
But usually we eat lunch with a member around 2 and if we are hungry at the end of the night we get tacos or something. So are P day has been different both times now. Last week we focused on cleaning and stuff but today we went to a mall to look for a keyboard and look around. My comp also wanted an action figure to display. So, the first week we had a lot of mole and chicken because that´s the celebration dish. I´ve had taquitos once and milanesa a few times. We eat it at members houses like back home except they don´t usually eat with us. My stomach has been fairly solid there was only one time when the bishop gave us fish I got a little sick but other than that all is good. And so far, the food is pretty boring. The best thing I’ve had is tacos with al pastor. Look it up it´s really good. We are getting along well unless trump gets brought up. He just bashes bashes and bashes him and it got really annoying so I talked with him that he needed to stop. Every time someone asks me about him I just say, quien, no conozco just because everybody hates him here. He´s a decent trainer. I think we use English too much with each other but we are working on it. It´s just hard because I learned a lot of leadership skill at work. He used to just teach the whole thing and let me testify (which I couldn´t do very well because I wasn´t that involved) but now I´ve asked him to include me more so now I have been teaching. He was the kind of kid that grew up in the church without a testimony and gained it here on the mission. and he´s only been in La Joya (our area and ward) for about 6 week or one change so he knows some but is unfamiliar with a lot of it. My speakers work fine. I usually use the MP3 because I was able to change it more to my liking. My comp has a speaker that plays off of a USB so I’ll look for a cheap one of those. My face is really just the same. There´s a lot of dirt in the air in Arizona and it´s the same here. sorry for the shorter letter but I am running out of time. Our Investigators our great, we are having a baptism this Saturday and we just got another fecha with a stubborn investigator. Oh, and yesterday we had to go us this huge hill to give an hermana a blessing. It was a long walk but it had a great view. Oh, and I´ve been a part of like 5 or 6 blessing now and gave one to an hermana misionera in broken Spanish. Well I hope everything is well Love you all


Elder Mitchell Olsen


 With his Zone Leader doing Divisions
 Enjoying Al Pastor

La Joya, Oaxaca, Mexico 
 The hill he climbed to go give a lady a blessing
 The view of La Joya

A very large, ugly spider

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work Elder Olsen!!:-) I loved reading your blog, and I hope you get those bed bugs under control:-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS above note is from Sister Hetherington (Colin Hetherington's mom)

      Delete