Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Nov 28, 2016 Happy Thanksgiving

Dear mom and everyone,

It's hard to remember that this is the season of thanksgiving but I still have a lot to be thankful for. Being here has made me realized how blessed I am to be born in the gospel with loving parents and sibling. I am thankful for all the opportunities that growing up in the states gave me. I am thankful for the call to serve and all the blessings we have received because of it. I am thankful for the people here and the help they provide. I am especially grateful for Jesus Christ and his sacrifice for us. I know he loves each and every one of us.

A lot to be thankful for and so little time to type. Well this week was interesting. Tuesday we try to find a reference from other missionaries We spend all night trying to figure out where his house is at and we had called him and set a cita but he wasn't even there. We were told he would be there Wednesday but nope. so that was interesting. 

Thursday we get new mattresses to replace the bedbugy ones so everything should be fine from there.

Friday there was a ward activity, here ward activity means oh the missionaries will take care of it. So the assumed that we had everything set but nope. So now we have to got download a movie from a computer place and get it to the church. During this whole time my comp is sick and really shouldn't be out but oh well. Well we get to the church and the projector isn't working so we find a small tv to play it on. We watch the Johm Tanner storey and it turned out nice but we should have been resposible but oh well.

Saturday, almost the same thing happens with an 8 yearolds baptism. He's 8 and his mom is a member so it should have been the wards thing but again no. so we threw together a program started an hour late but it was still nice.

Well because my comp was sick for two days we didn't get anyone new but he is better now which is good. Food is the same nothing new. This week we had a less active come to a ward activity and bear his testimony so that was cool. I don't know if it will come through but this less active roasts pigs and there's a picture of him preparing one. Right now I am just finding and marking scriptures to support what i say in lessons.

Well I love you all hope everything goes well. Glad you had fun at rocky point definitly want to go right when i get back.

Love,

Elder Olsen

 Mitchell practicing his keyboard
 Asher's Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment