Monday, November 7, 2016

Nov. 7, 2016 First Week in Oaxaca-La Joya Elder Chacon

Okay so much happened this we and I forgot my journal so I will probably forget a lot but here goes

Things are going really well. My comp keeps noticing how I don´t really have any shell shock. That´s because this place is exactly like if California street was a big city. It amazes me how comfortable I am here, even with everyone speaking Spanish. I do My best and can most time get my thoughts out but don´t understand much. Right now, I basically only share my testimony while my comp does most of the heavy lifting. It´s such a blessing he speaks English. My comp is great, he´s a real nerd loves comics video games and movies. our apartment is really small it has a 10x20 living room/ kitchen two 7x10 rooms ones our closet/ drying room the other is our bedroom. Then a toilet shower room It´s really weird but very common here. And I have a good computer today so there will be pictures. E Chacon lost all his photos last week on the computer right next to mine. There are signs when a computer is infected and this one Is good. We do have running water but we have to fill up a reservoir for a well thing. It’s not hard we just have to turn on a pump and open two valves and wait 15 mins. Haha Kitchen that’s a good joke. It´s a fridge with a sink and an electric stove on a picnic table. I´m going to try but I don´t think I´m making much here. And we are only there for breakfast. We are in a suburb it´s called pueblo Nuevo It´s about an hour away from the central. We shop at this, I believe a Walmart branch called bodega. Sunday was cool though. We had 4 investigators there and everyone bore short and sweet testimonies and of course I did as well. We walk everywhere unless its super far then we take a bus or moto. I forgot to get a pic of one but it’s like a motor tricycle with a 3 seater in the back. Ok so we have 2 people almost ready for baptism and 4 dates for baptism. two of them I was able to ask if they wanted to. He said if it´s revelation that he gets baptized January 7 then he will. That´s super specific so we are praying for him and his wife a lot. Here they need all the teachings and to go to church 5 time to qualify for baptism. My Spanish is better than most people starting out but I know I have a lot to go. The elders quorum president and now also the 1st counselor in the bishopric doesn´t like gringos (I´m guessing cause of his mission) so he picked on me a little during priesthood. I don´t shine my shoes everyday but I do wash them which usually makes them look just as good as a shining and I shine them every other or every 3 days. One day my comp, who is district leader had leader training and I went with two Latino’s. That was really interesting but we got along well. I tried contacting with them but fell short most times because of the language which is fine. I think that’s it. Oh, there’s an hermana here that is exactly like aunt shelly.  But she looks and acts exactly like a brown shelly. It’s almost funny. Welp I love you all good luck with everything. 


PS I want to learn the piano here so for my birthday I may buy a keyboard(about 100$) so you don´t have to worry about sending me something then. if you don´t want to.


 Saying Good bye to his Companion


 A bird in a tree
 Last Day at the CCM
 Where they all are going  Mitchell was the only one going to Oaxaca
 The Bus ride to the Mission Home
 Breakfast at the Mission Home
 The Mission Home or Office?
The Mission Office 
 Elder Chacon and Elder Olsen
 On his way to his Apartment.  It's about and hour from the City Center

 Dinner
 Welcom Home
 Water Heaters

 Let the adventure begin in Oaxaca
 Wow that's going to stink when it rains.  That is his front door.
 The streets of Pueblo Nuevo his area
Futbol (Soccer) Field
 The streets of Oaxaca
 Very humbling
 Doing his laundry
 His desk.  All of the things we sent him with
The Kitchen 
 Humble accomodations
 The Closet
 He got the top bed
The Bathroom sink 
 Milk, eggs, juice, syrup, jam, yogurt, Valentia
 The Kitchen Sink
 His stove on a picnic table.  I love the iron on the floor
 Study Time.  Look at Mitchell's table compared to his companion's
Shower toilet 



His Closet is a 7x10 bedroom

No comments:

Post a Comment