Tuesday, November 1, 2016

I Have Arrived Safely, Oct 31, 2016

Well, Elder Olsen had to get up at 2 am on the 31st to travel to Oaxaca.  His flight was at 6:55 am on Aeromexico.  I woke up in a startle at 5:30 which is 6:30 in Oaxaca.  So I looked up his flight information, and I actually tracked his flight.  I forgot about it for a little while and then I looked again and saw that the flight had arrived.  I assumed he made it to Oaxaca and all was well.




And then a few hours we received a quick email saying he had arrived in Oaxaca

I made it to Oaxaca safely. The flight was short and we have just been hanging around the mission office all day. I am serving in La Joya and my comp is a Venezuelan that speaks English. His name is Elder Chacon. Oaxaca is a lot of fields with like city hubs. I can’t be on too long. So, I love you all.

Then a little while later we were at our daughter's house celebrating Halloween and we received a quick email/text saying he had made it and he wanted to know if I could send him some recipes.  The funny thing was that we worked on putting a simple cookbook together but we never finished it.  Now he sees the importance of it.  I asked him which ones he wanted and he rattled off a few of his favorites.  Then we received this quick email:

Dear mom and everyone,

Things are interesting in Oaxaca. It´s exactly like I expected though. Very dirty with run down building. 
My apartment it really tiny and it’s just us to in it. Elder Chacon is really cool. He speaks English and likes all the nerdy things. 
The plane ride was fine but I was and still am so exhausted from waking up at 2am. when we got off we were met by the President and his wife and 2 AP’s.  they took a lot of pictures. I did my best with the sign but I had limited resources. After that we piled into a van and drove to the president’s house. this was around 9am so he fed up french toast sausage hash browns and a half peach with like yogurt on top. We walked over to the office took more photos and then he let us nap for about 2 hours. it didn´t help much. after that we had a few logistical things. Then we had a really good lunch of soup ribs pasta and potatoes it was really good. After that we finished with the paperwork stuff and did interviews. My president is super cool. After that we met our trainers mine is DL then he taxied over to our appt. I forgot my camera so I’ll send pics next week. Love, you all

Elder Mitchell Olsen

It's such a relief knowing that he has made it to his mission, he is in good hands of his wonderful Mission President and now it is all up to Mitchell and the Lord  what he makes of his mission.  I know that he is going to be a great missionary and I am really ready to begin this journey.  It's real now!

No comments:

Post a Comment