Sunday, October 30, 2016

October 26, 2016 Travel Plans to Oaxaca

Dear mom and everyone,

Sounds like you had an eventful week. I'm jealous because mine was pretty boring. 

So I've been pretty good keeping a journal here, at least every other day, and I use it to help write my emails. So there's only two entries since the last time I emailed. 
well 3 but it was from Pday so You already know what happed. 

Any who so on How it works for teacher is we have one in the Morning and one in the afternoon/evening. Well our evening teacher got another job and her last day was Saturday. She was super cool; she actually was our first "investigator" before we knew who she was. It was a little sad that she didn't get to see us off but that's life.

Earlier on Saturday for TRC we had to teach a younger district because they couldn't get enough people for us to teach. We had a fairly decent lesson, but they spoke less than half the Spanish me and my comp do so they praised us like we were fluent which was funny and a little confidence boost. Then we tried talking to a Latino and we were put back in our place.

Sunday was cool because for priesthood we had a really cool guided group discussion about the power of the priesthood. Then later that night We watched the new-ish Joseph Smith movie and we had a really cool district testimony meeting afterward.

Okay the good stuff. We found out our travel plans yesterday. I leave the MTC and 2am Monday morning and my flight leaves at 6:55 am. I'm the only gringo to go to Oaxaca with 12 Latino. That will be an interesting flight. I get one 50lb check bag and a 23lb carry on and my personal item isn't supposed to be over 6lb but they don't check if it doesn't look too big. It's 850 pesos for the other checked bag and I'll have to use my debt card so make sure dad has money in my account. Everyone going to Mexico didn't get travel plans so Idk when I land. My luggage totals right about 123.5lb so I'll have to wear an extra shirt or something.

As far as where my district is going 5 are going to Tampico and 5 are going to Queretaro an hermana is going to Redlands, California and then me. 

Thanks for the other package, but since I'm only allowed to take pictures on P day I don't have my camera on hand most times and I didn't think about it, but my district says thanks.
(We sent Mitchell a second package of Mt. Dew and 14 candy bars to give out to his district)

Okay so the first pic is my comp attempting to play cage soccer
The next 2 are the whole district with Hermana Gutierrez (I hope I spelt that right) the teacher that left
Then a cool scripture case for my Spanish set

Then we found the pretty big moth earlier today 



This one is for Grandpa Clarke!! Finger in the nose and rabbit ears! Oh MY! 




No comments:

Post a Comment