Sunday, October 2, 2016

First 10 Days in the MTC Sept 30, 2016

Dear Mom, 

Everything is going great!
CCM (mtc in spanish) is huge, at least a square km.of course our casa is in the back corner of the place so it take at least 10 min to get anything from there. Almost everyday I heard, just wait til sunday is gets easier (Connor and Spencer told that o me a lot) and it was true. the first week is difficult just because the through so much information at you. My comp is someone Garrett might know, Elder Sander Skidmore. He from gilbert and is good friends with Easton Allen, I Don't believe I knew him before. I actually brought the most of my district and I haven't really needed anything i didn't have.  I see andrew every few days not too often thought, and he was infact the first person i saw. I'm only allowed to take pics on Pday but I did take a few before. sleeping is fine i wake a few times a night for a minute or two but I'm just a little tired. I've only had one headache which is good. We can't go outside the walls aside from the temple which is only on temple grounds. I have yet to find anyone going to Oaxaca and i really haven't learned anything about is that i didn't already know. There are a few, I think i heard an hermana get a package through the costco near here ;) and using the dear elder sites or something like it. I usually just use the umbella it's too much or a hassle to carry the coat. I'M NOT ALOUD TO LISTEN TO MUSIC, it really sucks.

Mi casa is this little 5 bedroom house with 4 people a room so it can get a little cramped but right now its only half full and there is only the two of us in our room. I think a Group of 3 weekers (probably latinos) will fill up our house in a few weeks. There is a comedor (buffet like caffiteria) a tienda (a shop with most of the needs) and a ton of classrooms named after prophets, we meet in the Joesph F Smith building. They have a perfect exchange rate so i got all my money changed to about 1,800 pasos.

Tuesday we have pizza for dinner and go to a devo that was hard to understand because of a thick accent not a whole lot happened after my email (Sorry is was short i was only supposed to give you the info at the top, oops) 

wednesday I wasn't feeling well but I pushed through, it was mainly dehydrations and after I took some IB I felt better. It doesn't help that the matrises are as hard as a rock. I learned is does in fact rain a lot here. Most of my time is spent in classes either learning what not to do, how to teach, or how to speak the language. There is no free time at all.

Thursday they through us in with our "first investigator" after our morning classes, apparently I knew enough spanish to teach a lesson, we got just a little bit of info from her background and taught her a lesson based off of it. This is when we started to get close as a district, sat at meals together and talking more. We also had a gym orientaion, basically don't do anything stupid

Friday we started with personal study in the classroom,I'm so tired that I forget most of it. during class I learned I learned that i need to use a notbook because i forget most of the stuff we want to teach our investigator. After we taught she came back to the class with us to teach us spanish(obviously not a real investigator but our teacher). We also started gym that day, basically whatever we want to do that isn´t full contact or baseball, so like tennis bball or soccor.

The days get a little repetitve and im running out or time so I need to skip a few days.

Sunday is fast sunday. it's probably the first time i've done a 24ish hour fast. the testimonies were cool and constant. It really was a day of rest we just didn't do much. We did listen to a devo from elder Holland call the divine companion, i think dad was listening to it a few days before i left.

Tuesday we invited Nyelli (our investigator) to be baptised and she said yes so i must be doing something right

Friday is PDAY!! we wake up and got to the temple, i completely forgot to look up the pres. The mexico city temple is cool but nothing special.

sorry if i missed anything and the missing captions an hour is not enough time for this
 
I love you all

Elder Mitchell Olsen

 Pday at the Mexico Temple



Elder Olsen and Elder Skidmore, his companion  We actually saw him at the airport and Mitchell's brother, Garrett, know him and said good bye to him.  Small world 





 The Mexico MTC



 Mitchell's Bedroom


 Look Grandpa Ray, he's wearing his Los Gatos T-shirt






Streets of Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment