Sunday, October 9, 2016

October 7, 2016 Conference Weekend

Things are well, a lot of work but nothing I can´t handle. The language is coming along, their are time where i feel like i´m really doing well with it other times where I´m humbled and put in my place. Sleeping is only ok, the mattresses suck but other than that yea. I actually saw Sam last week and i recognized her but I believe she changed her last name didn't she? so i was unsure. We are still in our own room, which I'm ok with. The food is okay, just kind of bland and repetitive. The tamales here are nasty but the milanesa is good. My shoes are great, i do a lot more walking here than I thought i would so I'm wearing my big shoes most day. My favorite part of the day is the teaching the investigator, it's also one i dread. I like to use my spanish and thats the easiest way to do it. My companion is good. We haven't really connected but we work well together. We did get to watch conference in english. I want to preface this that i prayed that I would get what i needed out of conference, I slept through the saturday afternoon session and half of each on sunday. I gave an honest effort, I took notes and everything but I could not keep my eyes open. Although I did enjoy the talks I did hear. I really enjoy Pres. Uchtdorf first talk on the plan of salvation, I'm paraphasing but he said something along the lines of ,the gospel and simple answers the the world's most complex questions. Also a thought I had on pres. Monson's talk, he knows that he is only going to be able to talk a few minutes so what he would talk about must be super important. I think his first one was less on the word of wisdom and more on calling upon the blessings of God when we follow His commandments. 

Most of what I'm doing is super repetitive and boring so ill just say the good stuff. One of the days we tried to only speak spanish, a lot of elders were just quiet most of the day but i think i did pretty well. 

Well I love you all, ill send another email with pictures in a few

 Sleeping during Conference
 Mitchell's closet at the MTC.  Everything he owns for 2 years in one little closet
 Construction going on at the MTC
 Rainy Days 
 The Disciples
Study Time at the MTC 
 His district decided to move all of their beds into the living room until they get more missionaries
 Hope no one snores too loud!
All of the Missions in Mexico.  Mitchell's is the Olive Green one to the left of the last  purple one on the bottom right.

No comments:

Post a Comment