Sunday, October 16, 2016

Surprised Package! October 14, 2016

Hello mom and everyone

This week was a little boring so I apologize if the letter is a little short. Every day is wake up, get ready, study, eat breakfast, have a different combination of a Gospel lesson, language lesson, a teaching demonstration or teaching an "investigator". Then we go either to a computer study tool called TALL or gym then lunch, TALL or gym, lessons dinner language study daily planning and then bed. We don't do a whole lot in daily planning because they already have the whole stay in the CCM planned down to the minute. 

The package was a great surprise!!! I was so happy to see I got one. It's like Christmas in October. I may or may not have already drunken all but two of the mountain dews in the four days I’ve had it. 

So last week right before we left before we were at the bus which is by the cafeteria and if you remember our casa is on the opposite side of everything. My comp had forgotten his recommend in the casa. So we had to run all the way to and from the casa. We ended up last on the bus and had to sit on the wheel seat. I was a little irritated but quickly got over it. Then Saturday we had TRC which is where people come in from outside and we get to teach them. I think they came from like a seminary class because she was young and already had a Strong testimony. But it was still cool to teach someone we didn't know. 

For Sunday talks everyone prepares a talk and he calls them out after sacrament. So it's a little nerve racking. I didn't get called though. I was however able to bless the sacrament in Spanish which was really cool.

Tuesday night we had the devo but it was broadcast from Provo and it was Elder Bednar and his wife teaching. that was super cool. He talked about looking back on conference talks and to do what is best for us. He did although show us his way. He looks for three things. 1 doctrine or principle 2 invitation to act 3 and a promised blessing. He spent the rest of the hour going through several talks again using this method. At the end he said that nothing is coordinated as far as talks and topics (which I knew) but there still are themes that pop up. We also watched a video in class about missionary work from one of Elder Hollands earlier talks. He said mission are work and salvation was never easy because it was never easy on Him. 

I also started reading “Our Search For Happiness” which is really cool. If any of you haven't read it I would really recommend it.

It's super cool Cami is having them (the babies) blessed give them my love and wish them luck. The language is kind of plateaued. I feel like I know enough to become fluent in the field but I don't know if I'll learn more here. We didn't get any roommates and don't think we will at this point. The rainy season is over so it hasn't really rained much. Once or twice in the last two weeks. The only thing I think I need is marking pencils which either I can't find or I can buy them really cheap here. I really wish I could have gone with you guys to the lake looks like you had a ton of fun!!

Love you all 


Elder Olsen

 Elder Olsen's District
 Dinner at the CCM
 The CCM
 The Mexico Temple
 Elder Olsen and his Companion Elder Skidmore
Elder Olsen's District at the Mexico Temple 
Progress on the construction at the CCM

On this p-day, he had to go to the immigration office.  He emailed and said: "Oh yeah, I forgot to type about going to the immigration office.  It was just like a DMV.  You waited in line to get a number, to wait in a chair.  We signed two papers and they took our fingerprints.  We saw a lot more of the city which was really cool.  It's like if California St. (our rental apartments) was a city with more cool statues of Aztecs and stuff like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment