Sunday, October 23, 2016

Just Another Week at the CCM, Oct 21, 2016

Dear Mom and everyone,

This week was probably the most boring of them all. Saturday we had TRC; it was a return missionary that had a hard time since he got home. I was able to speak with him pretty while and shared a scripture with him about the Holy Ghost. 

On Sunday was fairly boring a lot of personal and comp study. We did watch a really cool video on the book of Mormon; a pastor from a different church found it and didn't know what it was because the cover and title page was worn off. He read it and started teaching from it at his sermons. He finally found the church when he was really old.

Nothing interesting happened on Monday but on Tuesday we had the general young women's president come for the devo. she actually did a tour of the campus and came into our class. I felt like a museum exhibit. We were in the middle of practice teaching each other so she came around and looked at the groups said hi to two people and then left. It was really funny. They also took pictures of us so you might see those somewhere someday.

A lot more of the same on Wednesday and Thursday but today we actually had time to prepare, no immigration no temple no nothing. so what do you thing we do all day. Goof off and play volleyball and cage soccer all. It was a lot of fun but I still have two piles of laundry i need to iron and put away and I am wiped out.

Okay so my district has 12 people in it:
Me and my comp elder Skidmore you know about us.
Elder walker (red head) and E Edwards: Edwards is the district leader and Walker is like a mix of Devin DePriest and Dennis
E Ayer and Rassmussen. They are the Zone leaders. Ayer reminds me a lot like Garrett. He was in theater and likes to tell stories.  Rassmussen is cool with a quirky sense of humor. E Smith and Howell. Smith is really cool. we kind of buddied up and make loose plans to meet up in Idaho and serve in the temple because he did that to. Howell is an interesting missionary. E Hansen and Jones. Hansen kind of reminds me of a kid I grew up with. He has lots of crazy stories to tell.  Jones is just a super chill guy and speaks softly but still has a great personality And we have two hermana’s,  Hermana McBride and Warren.

So all in all they're pretty cool

(Questions Mom asked)

1.The room is still the same, just me and my comp in one room and the rest of the elders in my district in two other room. 2. The best thing was probably the fact that the young women's president didn't say anything to us; I was kind of expecting her to stop the class say hi maybe teach a short message or bare her testimony but nope. I was so focused on teaching that I barely looked up at her. 3. I couldn't really say what exactly I leaned: more Spanish works, how to teach better. Although I did finish “Our Search for Happiness” and started “Our Heritage” which is interesting but I like our search for happiness better. 4. Also I finished the last mountain dew on Thursday so that was sad.  5. We don't find out travel plans until Monday although I did hear of a missionary who asked if he could call at the airport and the guy said, "don't ask me that because I have to say no.” So I'll try to call. BTW My P day next week will be on Wednesday.

 Like Father like Son!  Loves their Valentina for every meal

 Just a lot of Soccer on P-day this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment