Tuesday, June 6, 2017

May 29, 2017 Good bye beach and baptisms and Chicatanas

Ok this was one of the weirds weeks I’ve had in a long time, and everything is so jumbled I might mix some stuff up and I have like 10 mins to write so least see how it goes

Monday and Tuesday were normal looking for people and the such. At the end of Tuesday, we had a lesson Felix and Maricruz and we asked them to see them every day that week to prepare for baptism that Saturday

Wednesday, it started to rain at first it was little we thought it would go away because it usually only rains through the night but at about 6 it started to rain like a monsoon. It continued until we left. In-between our house and Felix and Maricrus' is a dry rive when we left is was about 3 feet deep or more. we had to take a street the center and walk along the high it took us like an hour to get home.

Thursday morning, we got up to catch these things called Chicatanas. It's a type of ant that is about an inch long with wing and they eat them here. toasted or in a sauce. So, when we got up our floor inside the house was covered in them, trying to fly trying to do something. I don’t know what, but we caught a lot about 200 or so and the we just sat there and told ourselves, what do we do now? we had a half pitch full of these giant ant things and we had no idea what to do. so, in the night we took them to a member’s house and she just threw them on the pan cleaned them with water and on the pan again with salt. The texture is kind of like popcorn but it doesn't taste good.

Well Saturday we had our baptisms it was super cool I got to baptism Felix and the next Sunday their friend confirmed them. 

oh, and now I’m in the city my area is called Atoyac I’ll tell you about next week

Well sorry for the speedy letter 

I love you all I’ll explain the pics next week to 


Elder Olsen






No comments:

Post a Comment