Tuesday, June 20, 2017

June 19, 2017 Atoyac Barrow Negro

Dear mom and everyone,

This week was pretty normal. Monday, I spend almost of money to cool good food. I got some meat, I can't remember what kind and I got stuff to make a homemade mac and cheese with chicken. Monday, we also made something really good, it's like you make a tortilla but before you flatten it you fill it with meat and cheese and then you fry it, it was super good.

Tuesday, we had divisions nothing too exciting minus getting hamburgers that ended up making me sick. Woke up in the middle of the night.

Wednesday, I got to our house and just rested, the member we live with was kind enough to give me something to calm my stomach. In the night, we made burritos with the meat we bought on Monday and it tasted pretty good but it need salsa that I forgot to make.

Friday, we saw Nancy and Carla and had a super awesome lesson, they should be getting baptized this week. I'll let you know how that goes. Nanci's sister, Francisca' that we are also teaching, hit a road block (not a literal one that Oaxaca is famous for) she's going through some pretty rough depression. We are trying our best but we can't do much other than teach her the gospel and hope that it shines the light that she needs in her life. We also saw Citlali, She's the lady that knows a lot about the bible. She's progressing really well and should be baptized the 7th of July (it's Friday because she can't Saturday). 

Sunday Citlali and her 4 kids came and also Nanci and Carla. It was cool, because Nanci and Carla need to go one more time to get baptized this week. 

Today we climbed up a little mountain and enjoyed the view. I forgot to bring my camera so I couldn't get any pictures. 

The area is made up of about 10 neighborhoods but we go to only about 3 or 4 and it takes about an hour or so to bus from one end to the other. The church is kind of far away, I think you already have mapped out the church, well we live in the neighborhood Animas Trujano. nope I’ve never been in the gilbert bus. We have a washing machine to wash but we have to rinse them and ring them out by hand, and it always seems to rain when I put them out to dry. The bus ride was a 12-hour ride with about 8 other elders. the church is cool about 70 go but usually show up late because it starts at 8am. 

Well I love you all

Elder Olsen.

the first Pic is a huge Rottweiler that the members that we visit a lot have he's super friendly when he knows you and is in a good mood. 
The next could are some art of barrow negro. I want to send a package home with a bunch of this stuff. 

The last pic is Nanci and Carla hopefully next week I’ll be sending baptism pictures of them.








No comments:

Post a Comment