Friday, April 20, 2018

April 16, 2018 Scripture Mastery

Dear Mom and Everyone,

So, this week we worked super hard and have found some new people to teach. Tuesday, we went to our own district meeting so we didn't have to travel super far this week. After we had to stop the offices for some things Then we went out to eat and we left to work. We went to a less active that cuts hair. There we found a guy that took his kids to get their hair cut and we started talking and ended going to his house on Friday. He was really interested but is in the military so that will be hard. My time is running out so I’ll explain why I was with Hirsch. He's my dl and in the old house in his area there was a mistake with the electric bill. The owner is a member in our ward so we got with the bishop to work things out. But it looks like everything will work out. We were in a pueblo called Talixtac and that’s where we took the pic. Oh, and on Wednesday we put a goal to memories some scripture master so we’ve been working on that. I got down Alma 34:9-10 2 Nephi 32:8-9 and Mosiah 3:19 so that’s been fun.


sorry for the short letter but I love you all!


Dinner with Rosa from Last Week
It was Monday, April 2nd and I had had a long day at school.  I had just got home from working out and it was a beautiful evening and Allan and I were sitting out on the porch trying to decide what to eat.  My phone rang and I looked at the number and it was from Missouri. I said to myself oh, this is a solicitor (I've been getting a lot of those lately). It rang the second time, and then on the 3rd ring I decided to answer it.  A woman with a heavy Spanish accent said "Hello, my name is Rosa is this Sis Olsen?" I immediately said, "Si".  She told me she was in Oaxaca and she was with Elder Olsen.  I couldn't believe someone from Oaxaca was calling me.  I told her thank you for taking care of our son.  She told me she was feeding him dinner.  I again thanked her and told her to tell him I love him.  She told me that he speaks very good Spanish.  She then told me she would send me some pictures.  What a fun surprise!  We said good bye and then she sent these pictures.  We texted a picture of us back to her and again told her thank you.  I guess Mitchell and his companion were sitting at a bus stop needing to get back to their apartment.  Sis Rosa and her husband saw them and stopped and asked if they would like a ride home.  They ended up taking them to dinner which was right around the corner from where they lived.  What a tender mercy this was.  Just what a Missionary Momma needed on that night.  I miss him so much but so proud of his work and service.  They were visiting Oaxaca from Missouri for a business trip.


Elder Ledesma studying and Mitchell's favorite Black Bean Salsa
These are the Scriptures Mitchell is Memorizing
 
With Elder Hirsch 
A couple of weeks ago Mitchell asked if he could get a new suit. We only sent him with one suit and he has lost so much weight his suit is just hanging on him.  We told him he could could get a new one.  Here he is trying it on.  What a sharp looking kid!

He must have gone shopping at Walmart.  His brother, Connor, said this is a funny Hot Dog game.  
I think these are from his last Area in Juchitan before he left because Elder Bills is in this picture and he was in Mitchell's last area.

No comments:

Post a Comment