Monday, April 9, 2018

March 26, 2018 New Area - Bosque, Elder Ledesma


Dear Mom and everyone,

That’s right everyone I went to the forest and I think I'll be here a while.

This week was really cool. I love getting to know a new area but I had to leave the other one at good to. Monday, I spent most of the day cleaning because Loosle left on Sunday so I had to do most of it by myself. Then we went and played pool for a little bit and I finished packing that night. 

Tuesday, I went by to pick up some ties that I left with an Hermana to get embroidered. They came out really cool, Oh I'm going to send them in a package as gifts with a few other things. so, look out for I'll probably get it sent next week. Then we just waited for everyone to go and to get back. I was the last to go so I could supervise everything and make sure everyone left fine. I left at 3:30 and slept most of the ride I got here about 9:15 so It was good and quick for me. 

Wednesday was Leadership council. I thought I had been saved from the birthday song, but the last thing they did was pull out a cake and sing to me. It was fun and a tasty cake. That night was normal. We went to a few lessons and I met quite a few new people. We are teaching a couple called Humberto y Gonzalina. He's been really depressed with quite a few problems they are having financially and they live in a very humble wood house. So, we taught them in a way that I've been trying to improve at, just talk to them and teach while we talk. It worked out really well and they both came out accepting baptism. What a way to end a birthday

Thursday, we had the zone conference, it was cool, Pres just said the same thing as in the council. We had quick interviews and we ended up leaving at 5:30 and we just went tracting.

Friday, we went traciing almost all day without much luck. But we did find Humberto and Gonzalina they said they had received their answer and they are willing to do anything to go through it.

Saturday, I went to the doc. they just gave me some meds and said to come back if I don't feel different after a few weeks so far so good on the headaches. They come and go. I'm not too worried about them but I'm going to go through with the doctor visits and see what happens.

Sunday was cool. All of the members greeted those new investigators warmly and a lot of them offered to help him find a job which was super cool. In the night we ate with a member in Hyaupam and that Sunday was the Tejate fair (just look it up) It was a lot of fun. They gave us way too much to eat and we walked through the fair quickly it was cool to see all the different types of Tejate it tastes ok but I liked it.

My new comp is Elder Ledesma, he's from Argentina and says he's seen Connor before so, small world. We are going to make empanadas and chimichurri for a FHE and we went out to find mate today so that was cool.

Well I love you all


Elder Ledesma
Embroidered Ties very popular in Mexico
The Tejate Fair
For those who have never tried or recognized tejate in the markets, it’s the foamy beige drink  (appearing somewhat like spent shaving water) ladled out of oversized green glazed clay tubs, worked and served exclusively by women standing behind a table, stand or small stall.

Zone Conference
New Apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment