Tuesday, July 3, 2018

June 25, 2018 Divisions

Dear Mom and everyone,

So, this was a fun week with a lot of divisions, Tuesday we started in district meeting and I brought Elder Melenje to my area, he's from Columbia and he got there a week before. He was getting used to the culture, we had beef soup for lunch and he got burned by the little spicy that it was. We went contacting most of the day and found a few people. 

Wednesday, we went to a town called San Francisco Tutla, They we found a lady that had had 2 strokes and could barely talk along with her daughter. We had a cool lesson and then we went with a less active.

Thursday, I went to Tlaxiaco, my comp stayed for some Elders in the city. We went contacting most of the day and visited some less active that they had visited for referrals, and none of them had talked to anybody, but at night I had the biggest hamburger I’ve ever had. It had two patties a bunch of tomatoes onions and jalapeƱos a handful of bacon a slice of pineapple a slice of ham and a handful of cheese. I could barely get my mouth around it but it was good.

Friday, we went to Tlalixtac in our area, we saw a few members but before my comp helped some people carries things from the bus to their house and we started talking to them. They are really cool. it was a mom and her son and his wife. they just had had a baby a month ago so we talked to them about eternal families. and they really liked it. Then that night we went with some less active, the took us home and bought us tlayudas, I told her to send some pictures to you because I didn't have my camera and before I knew it she was calling you. It was probably a good think you didn't answer. 

Saturday, we were looking for a house all day and we found a few but they are really far away from the church so we'll go there if we have to. Then at night we had English classes and went with a family to ask for some help with and inv. 

Sunday, we have a seventy in the ward and his son got home from the mission so he gave his homecoming talk and a lot of people showed up. so, it was a good Sunday.


Welp I love you all 

Mitchell sure is enjoying the cuisine of Oaxaca

 Tradidional Tlayudas
 Mexican Hot Chocolate and Traditional Pasteries
Cleaning the building
Visiting after Church on Sunday, June 24th

Black Bean Salsa one of Mitchell's favorite snacks
Hanging out on P-day with Elder Johnson
 Elder Johnson Study Time
 Elder Johnson primping and pampering before they head out to hit the streets of Oaxaca
 Elder Johnson Trying to decide what to eat...oh the struggle
 Oh, the struggle of a Missionary
 Elder Hirsch and Elder Johnson

 Happy 4th of July.  I'm thinking that this must be a box from Elder Johnson's mom

The Friday after Father's Day, Grandma Linda took us out to dinner because we were gone.  While we were at Texas Roadhouse a Ward Member from Mitchell's Ward sent me some pictures of him while he was eating dinner and tried to call me to say hi while she was with him.  Because it was so loud in our restaurant I didn't hear my phone ring.  I didnt' even see these pictures until a couple of days later.  What a fun surprise and it was a blessing I didn't hear the phone ring.  







No comments:

Post a Comment