Wednesday, March 1, 2017

February 27, 2017 Twenty Six Lessons

Dear mom and everyone,

That is a quote from Elder McConkie from one of his talks I read this week, The Bible a Sealed book.
(Songs of Solomon: read the article for find out what he's talking about).

The week was normal but busy, we ended up with 26 lessons this week. That's the most I’ve had my mission. It started on Tuesday, we had divisions and I was in my area. we found stuff to do. We ended up talking to a Jehovah’s witness, well she talked to us the whole time. We offered her all on the commitments we have and denied them all so we just left. Oh, and we found another lady in an interesting way. We were walking up a path and these two little kids stopped us and asked if we could teach them the word of God we said we need their parents’ permission first. They left and came back and asked if we could teach their whole family. The first was drunk and rejected us the second accepted us and we had a great lesson with her. She even asked us if we could come back before we offered it to her. Then later that night we found a lady with an addiction to alcohol and with all the desires to quit and we had a great lesson while promising a lot of help from the atonement that was probably the best experience this week. The spirit was so strong

Oh, and something funny, when we went to teach her again we brought a member to help us that was addicted too. He talked about a blessing he got to help from. We offered her a blessing and thought that this member just got the Melchizedek priesthood we asked him and he said yes so, he did the oil and my comp the blessing. We left and asked him you did get the priesthood, today right? and he said no. so we are going to have to do that again.

I don't use sunscreen right now. the piano is slow and steady. I'm coming home exhausted so I don't have a whole lot of time to practice. the travel was nothing special I got on the bus at 9 with like 10 missionaries and little by little the all left and I was alone for 2 hours on the bus. I know the area well enough to go by myself. we take a bus for two hours to a city called Huatulco. 

Well I love you all 


Elder Olsen
our distrct and a member has a huge coke bottle


No comments:

Post a Comment