Tuesday, March 21, 2017

March 14, 2017 New Companion Elder Mendez

Dear mom and everyone,

This was interesting. Monday, we got up at 4 am to get Elder cook to the bus in time and then went home and slept for two hours. 

Tuesday I was with another pair because my comp hadn't got there yet. that night he got there at 8 and we just went home. 

Wednesday I started showing him around and that’s been super hard because I’ve only been here for a change and you know how I am with directions. And that’s how the week went, me just doing my best to show him around the area.

Well, it’s been an awesome week on Facebook.  Sis Madsen has been busy posting lots of pictures of you and your area.  How fun it is to be scrolling or wake up and look on Facebook and see pictures of you.  She is so good to do so.  It looks like you had a good weekend with them and it’s fun to see the missionaries that you work with.  How are you doing? How is your new companion?  Did he make it there safely? What is his name? Where is he from? Does he speak English?  How long has he been out?  How are you doing showing him around and meeting members and investigators?  What was your best experience this week?  What was a trial that you endured?  What are you studying?  Do you have any investigators you are working with?  What was the best thing you ate?  What was the farthest you traveled? How is your apartment? Did you buy the pan? How is the language coming? I have so many questions this week sorry

I'm doing great, but I did get a little burnt at the activity. My comp is good he only speaks Spanish so we are dealing with that I just don't know how to really have fun in Spanish yet. He got here fine and he name is Elder Mendez and is from Mexico City. He knows a few words in English. he has 9 months in the mission. It's a challenge to show him around but I’m getting along. I'm still mainly studying how to teach and the scriptures that go along with each lesson. Haven't really eaten anything really good this week. We went to a beach called Puerto Angel for the activity and that was super cool but it killed me on money for the travel so I wasn't able to buy the pan. 

The activity was super cool we went to that beach and got our feet wet, some of the other elders practically swam. I wanted to swim so bad but obviously, we couldn't. We put up a volley ball net and enjoyed the beach. I forgot sunscreen so I’m pretty red right now. then we went back to the church to eat pizza. that was super fun.

Well that was my week this week love you all,


Elder Mitchell Olsen

Zone Activity at Puerto Angel




No comments:

Post a Comment