Monday, March 6, 2017

March 6, 2017 A Week of Delicious Food - Good Bye Elder Cook Hello New Companion (who missed his bus)

Dear Mom and everyone,

This week was super long and we didn't end up doing much. Monday, we ate at a place called Gringo Burger. It was super good, it was better than most of the burgers I've had in the States. But I will always be true to In N Out. 

Tuesday, we had divisions and me and Cook ended up both getting sick from the food we had on Sunday. So, I sat in the house all day and watched church movies, it was a well needed rest.

Wednesday was also divisions with another greeny, too. I had to show him around my area and lead all the lessons and I would say I did a pretty good job.

Thursday, I picked up Cook from the other area and we picked up a this that he had made. A hymn book with a spiral spine and a wood cover and it looks super cool and I kind of want one ;).
There’s a picture of it too. 

Friday, we tried to go at this real Americanish butcher thing where they cook the meat you buy for free. We were trying to get ribs but they already closed the kitchen at 5 so we started our fast then and got the meat on Saturday and it was soo good.

Saturday, we finally found out the changes when we were promised them on Thursday. We found out that Cook was going to Oaxaca City as a Zone leader.

We didn't do much more than pack and say good bye on Sunday. Oh, but there is this sister here that is an amazing seamstress. She altered my comps jacket that was about 10 sizes too big to fit him perfectly. It was incredible.

The weather just gets hotter but its humid so it's worse. oh, could you at least get the sweat and sour meatball recipe I kind of want to make a chicken with that sauce.

Well I love you all


Elder Mitchell Olsen

I talked to Mitchell for a few minutes and found out that Elder Cook was transferred and he was getting a new companion.  Elder Cook left in the morning and Mitchell heard that his new companion missed his bus so he wouldn't be there until tomorrow.  He spent the day with some other missionaries and a set is going to be staying with him tonight so he won't be alone.  Thank goodness for missionary work.  

The Beef that he got from the local butcher
 This is a Hymnal with a spiral bind and a wooden cover.  He asked if he could get one. Of course we said yes.
 Lunch with some buddies.  
 Mitchell has learn to love Al Pastor.  Its a pork marinated and soaked with pineapple and roasted on a spit.  He had a torta today for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment