Wednesday, January 18, 2017

January 16, 2017 Baptism postponed

Dear Mom and Everyone

I have no idea what happened to the letter last week, they changed the format of ldsmail and maybe I accidently pressed delete instead of send because they are very close together.


Not a whole lot happened last week aside from my comp being sick Friday and the baptism was cancelled because nobody told the very catholic grandpa. oh, and the hma that fills the food calendar so we were looking for food all week. Don’t worry we have great members that know how to take care of us.

So the baptism didn't happen but don't worry we got things straightened out with his grandpa and rescheduled it for this Friday.

so Tuesday we had two great lessons. first was with someone called Hma Marí. She is a great investigator about 40 years old and is very interested. then we found somebody that is really hard to find because of his work. He told us that he found his answer and this is the true church.

Then Wednesday we had another great lesson with this 23-year-old named Carlos. He is super cool, he’s the one that contacted us and we basically answered all of his doubts in God, because he was doubting that he existed because his mom passed away.

Thursday was when we found out that the grandpa of the kid didn't know about the baptism. So, we went over to his house to go over the baptism questions but he was asleep so we talked with is grandparents a little. That's when we brought up the baptism and the grandpa was like what baptism?! We found out that the kid didn't tell him because he was scared. So, they got it situated as a family and the grandpa saw that he was ready and were going to have is this Friday.

Friday was slow After we ate we ask the daughter who’s about to put in her mission papers if she was busy for the next hour and she said no so she come with us to a lesson and helped out a lot.

Saturday we had to tell everyone the baptism was cancelled and I wasn’t feeling well. We always seem to get sick once a week. So, after we ate we went home so I could rest for a few minutes and ended up sleeping hard for like 2 hours straight I felt better after that and we went to one more lesson and got tlyudas al pastor which are that special meat in a folded tortilla with cheese lettuce and peppers, really good.

Sunday we had 5 investigators at sacrament that’s my highest number here so that was great. Oh, the best experience this week was on Sunday, we taught the atonement that is very receptive and the spirit was so strong. Haven’t found anyone really new but we are looking. So, with my clothes I can't do them all at once because they don’t dry well so I do one or to buckets every other night. We are only allowed 4 visits to the temple on our mission so I’m saving them for if a recent convert gets to go through. Our district is the zone leaders and the sets of hermanas so we do get to work with them but I didn’t know hermana Wilson that well. Oh, and today the package finally came and don’t worry ill use the Christmas stuff next year and the bb8 ornament will be on my desk. For my birthday, I don't know let me think this week and I’ll let you know. Keyboard is great but because I can’t practice every day its something little by little. I think I will be able to play in church just probably not in the near future.

Oh and today I finally found a speaker that works with usb SD and aux so that’s great, Also I found a transfer and a "Truncky" journal. Truncky is a word that has anything to do with home, so like I’m felling truncky is like I wanna watch that movie or go see my family or something like that. and I found rechargeable batteries, and please tell grandpa and sister Haywood thank you because that’s where their gifts went, and a few fun keychains.

Okay I love you all and sorry for the lack of pictures this computer has a virus in it.

Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment