Sunday, January 29, 2017

January 24, 2017 I've Been Transferred - Zicatela (Puetro Escondido)

Dear Mom and everybody,

Whelp, I'm obviously writing today because Yesterday was transfers. You'll never believe it, I actually got sent away, Yesterday I was on the bus for 12 hours. I'm all the way in the coast, I have a beach in my area that we can go to on p days and it's very touristic. My area is called Zicatela and so far, it's super cool, but I've only been here for just over 12 hours so I'll let you know more next week. 

So, the important stuff from last week was we had a lot of rehearsals to the point where we only had like 10 lessons and we usually have 20 in a week. We were practicing for a missionary program that we had Saturday and Sunday. so, that ate up most of our time but the good news is our baptism went through and we had it Friday because of the program. 

The baptism was great, it was the smoothest one we had, almost everyone was there on time and the program was set and people came and everything was great. That night we barely got home on time but that’s ok.

Ok then the first program on Saturday was good, there were only like 20 people there but that was alright, I had a lot of singing parts and I’m sure Hma Madsen is going to put up a bunch of pictures on FB. after the program is when we found out that I was leaving and because we thought that Chacon was leaving he said bye to everybody and I hadn't so I had Sunday to say bye and Monday I left. But it was a good thing that a lot of people went to church that Sunday and there was a lot of people at the program so I got to say bye to everyone I wanted to.

The Investigators are great we had 3 at church all of them are progressing really well. The best experience this week was the baptism and realizing that people are going to miss me and that I really affected someone’s life, well more the spirit but I brought it to them. Oh, and I knew nothing, I didn't even know that conference was happening until last night.

 Well again this computer has viruses so I can't send any photos, I’ll try next week

I love you all


Elder Olsen


As soon as we found out that Mitchell had been transferred, be began looking up his new area.  The long beach is called Zicatela and it will be fun to see how he likes his new area.

No comments:

Post a Comment