Monday, January 30, 2017

January 30, 2017 New Area/New Companion Zicatela/Elder Cook

Dear mom and everyone,

Okay to start I’m going to do my best to describe everything here without pictures because every computer I find has viruses. I'll keep looking but I don't know if I'll be able to send pictures this change. We'll let’s start with the house. It's tiny but cozy. When you walk into the yard it's like a little jungle with a bunch of plantane and mango trees and a dirt pathway to the door. It's super cool and annoying because it attracts a lot of animals like lizards and iguanas. But there’s a little porch with a place to put a hammock, I'm going to buy one to put there because this place is famous for hammocks and its only like 10 bucks. Then when you walk in there’s one room about 25 by 15 and that’s where our beds our desks and our closet: the beds are super comfy and it gets cool enough to sleep comfortable at night. Ok then off to the right our tiny kitchen with 2 fridges an electric stove and a sink. My comp likes to cook to so we are going to make a lot of fun food for breakfast. ok Then off to the left is our tiny bathroom with a curtain not a door and only cold water, that has been fun in the mornings. And I think that’s it for the house. Oh, I might buy a nice pan in a few weeks for about 15 20$ because my comp has a really nice pan for 300 pesos.

Ok the area is made up of like 5 neighbor that are really far apart, for one of them we have to take a special bus to get there. Well there's a touristic part in the Centro, that’s made up of little stores of nicnacs and stuff. Then the rest are kind of like suburbs but everybody builds their house here so they aren't the best houses. 

Ok my comp is cool, He's from a town outside of San Francisco. He says he knows Hunter so ask him if he knows a Hyrum Cook.

I should be able to see Chacon again but know knows. I got everything packed Sunday night in like 2 hours and didn't leave anything besides a shirt that an hermana was washing for me and never returned only because we couldn't find her on Sunday night. and we just put my keyboard under the bus with my luggage. Yea Puerto Escondido is what the port is called and that’s the touristic part. We don't every see the airport but it’s about 10-15 mins by taxi to the church. I don't know if I’m going to eat much seafood and if I do I think it’s all going to be fried and very plain. but we did find this meat place that actually treats the meat properly by putting it in the fridge and stuff and it’s all really good meat and on Thursday thru Sunday the cook what you buy free so I may be buying some ribs for 7$ a kilo. We can go to the beach on p day and to contact and stuff like that. I'll probably only see him (Mission President) once this change if that he doesn't come here too often and only sends missionaries he can trust here so I have no idea why I'm here.

We didn’t do much this week as far as lessons because almost everything fell 

I love you all


Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment